A “cookie” is a piece of information that is stored on your computer’s hard drive and which records how you move your way around a website so that when you revisit that website, it can present tailored options based on the information stored about your last visit. Cookies can also be used to analyse traffic and for advertising and marketing purposes.
Cookies are either:
Session cookies: these are only stored on your computer during your web session and are automatically deleted when you close your browser – they usually store an anonymous session ID allowing you to browse a website without having to log in to each page but they do not collect any personal data from your computer; or
Persistent cookies: a persistent cookie is stored as a file on your computer and it remains there when you close your web browser. The cookie can be read by the website that created it when you visit that website again. We use persistent cookies for Google Analytics.
Cookies can also be categorised as follows:
Strictly necessary cookies: These cookies are essential to enable you to use the website effectively, such as when buying a product and/or service, and therefore cannot be turned off. Without these cookies, the services available to you on our website cannot be provided. These cookies do not gather information about you that could be used for marketing or remembering where you have been on the internet.
Performance cookies: These cookies enable us to monitor and improve the performance of our website. For example, they allow us to count visits, identify traffic sources and see which parts of the site are most popular.
Functionality cookies: These cookies allow our website to remember choices you make and provide enhanced features. For instance, we may be able to provide you with news or updates relevant to the services you use. They may also be used to provide services you have requested such as viewing a video or commenting on a blog. The information these cookies collect is usually anonymised.
Our cookies help us:
- Make our website work as you’d expect
- Remember your settings during and between visits
- Improve the speed/security of the site
- Allow you to share pages with social networks like Facebook
- Personalise our site to you to help you get what you need faster
- Continuously improve our website for you
- Our marketing more efficient (ultimately helping us to offer the service we do at the price we do)
- Collect any personally identifiable information (without your express permission)
- Collect any sensitive information (without your express permission)
- Pass personally identifiable data to third parties
- You can learn more about all the cookies we use below.
If the settings on your software that you are using to view this website (your browser) are adjusted to accept cookies then we take this, and your continued use of our website, to mean that you consent to our cookies. Should you wish to check or change what types of cookies you accept from our site you can learn how to do this below, however doing so will likely mean that our site will not work as you would expect and you may not be able to access all or parts of our site. You can block cookies at any time by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies.
Our own cookies:
- Making our shopping basket and checkout work
- Remembering your search settings
- Remembering if you have accepted our terms and conditions
- Allowing you to add comments to our site
- Tailoring content to your needs
- Remembering if we have already asked you certain questions (e.g. you declined to use our app or take our survey)
- There is no way to prevent these cookies being set other than to not use our site. Third party functions Our site, like most websites, includes functionality provided by third parties. A common example is an embedded video.
We use the following cookies:
Disabling these cookies will likely break the functions offered by these third parties.
Cookies are widely used in online advertising. Neither us, advertisers or our advertising partners can gain personally identifiable information from these cookies. We only work with advertising partners who work to accepted privacy standards such as www.youronlinechoices.com/uk/iab-good-practice-principles.
You can learn more about online advertising at www.youronlinechoices.com . You can opt-out of almost all advertising cookies at www.youronlinechoices.com/uk/your-ad-choices although we would prefer that you didn’t as ultimately adverts help keep much of the internet free. It is also worth noting that opting out of advertising cookies will not mean you won’t see adverts, just simply that they won’t be tailored to you any longer.
We use: Facebook ads/remarketing and google adwords remarketing.
Social Website Cookies
So you can easily like or share our content on the likes of Facebook and Twitter we have included sharing buttons on our site.
Cookies are set by Liking or sharing content.
The privacy implications on this will vary from social network to social network and will be dependent on the privacy settings you have chosen on these networks.
Site Improvement Cookies
We regularly test new designs or site features on our site. We do this by showing slightly different versions of our website to different people and anonymously monitoring how our site visitors respond to these different versions. Ultimately this helps us to offer you a better website.
We use: Convert, Google Analytics, TruConversion, Infusionsoft and Wicked Reports
Anonymous Visitor Statistics Cookies
We use: Convert, Google Analytics, TruConversion, Infusionsoft and Wicked Reports.
Turning Cookies Off
You can usually switch cookies off by adjusting your browser settings to stop it from accepting cookies (Learn how here). Doing so however will likely limit the functionality of our’s and a large proportion of the world’s websites as cookies are a standard part of most modern websites.